You are here
General issues related to aesthetics:
- General review of correlates of beauty such as femininity, averageness and fluctuating asymmetry.
- Aesthetic preferences for derived physical features.
- Femininity as a correlate of beauty in women.
- The preferences of men vs. women.
- Judgment of beauty across ethnic groups..
- Why is attractiveness more important for women?
- Aesthetics in international beauty pageants. A discussion of whether it is possible to objectively compare the attractiveness of women from different ethnic groups. Also includes a discussion of alleged correlates of beauty such as neoteny/pedomorphy and the extent of Europeanization of facial features.
- Machines judging human beauty.
A list of correlates of aesthetics discussed within this site related to body size and shape variables:
- Body weight.
- Leg-body ratio.
- Mandible or lower jaw.
- Waist and hip proportions.
A discussion of various theoretical approaches to beauty:
- Stephen Marquardt's Phi mask.
- The golden ratio and beauty. Many people have argued that beauty, especially facial beauty, is related to the golden ratio. Is this the case?