You are here
Must read for New Woman magazine readers with distorted beliefs regarding what is a "sexy" body
Toward the end of March, 2007, New Woman magazine reported the following from a survey of about 5,000 women. In this survey, 58% of women believed that men find size zero sexy! Must read facts for these women:
- The kind of men who find size zero sexy and the underlying reasons why. Also, what kind of men find “sexy fashion models” sexy.
- What body weight most normal men prefer in women: a study, an ACNielsen survey and a BMI review.
The survey reported a high frequency of negative finds, but then it wasn’t a random survey:
- 97% admitted they simply couldn’t handle the competition of slimmer women.
- One third had attempted to eat fewer than 500 calories a day to starve themselves into smaller dress sizes.
- 60% reported being criticized for their body shape by friends. 40% reported being urged to lose weight by their mothers. 20% reported that their colleagues at work suggested they slim down.
- About half reported going without food all day so their stomach remained flatter and 10% made themselves physically sick so they could fit into a party dress.
- 13% reported taking speed or cocaine to speed up their metabolism, 37% had taken slimming pills and 11% had bought diet drugs on the internet.
- 84% reported they would feel “much happier” if they lost weight.
- 97% reported that they believed size 12 (U.K.) to be fat.
- About three-fourths reported that they couldn’t eat normally and stay a size 12 (U.K.) or less, and about 70% reported feeling guilty if they ate pizza for lunch and hence wouldn’t eat dinner later.
The respondents in general need an education about what heterosexual men prefer, and readers who may know of similar women should let them know about this entry.